I am a new resident of Orange County. What do I need to do?
The Commissioner of the Revenue welcomes you to Orange County. All vehicles should be registered with Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The Commissioner's Office will assess motor vehicles based on information we receive from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.

Show All Answers

1. What is considered individual personal property?
2. How do I file an individual personal property return? What is the filing deadline?
3. I am a new resident of Orange County. What do I need to do?
4. I am moving out of Orange County. What do I need to do?
5. How do I know if the locality I am moving to is a “prorating” or a “non-prorating” locality?
6. I am planning on disposing of my vehicle. What do I need to do?
7. If I am in the military, do I have to pay personal property taxes?
8. My spouse and I are separated and our vehicle is jointly owned. Who is responsible for the personal property taxes?
9. How do you determine the assessment on a vehicle?
10. When are personal property taxes due? Where do I send payments? How much did I pay in taxes last year?
11. Does the County offer a discount for vehicles with high mileage?
12. Why do I need to file for the high mileage discount every year?
13. How do I contact DMV to update my vehicle information?
14. When will I stop paying personal property tax?
15. Do I have the right to appeal my personal property assessment?
16. I sold my vehicle this year, will my tax be prorated?