Steps for Coordinating a Road Cleanup and Requesting Supplies
- Pick a road your group is interested in cleaning up. The list above provides potential candidates, or you may pick your own.
- Contact the Litter Control Committee Coordinator at (540) 661-5405 to request supplies. Challenger Trash Pick Up Kits are available that contain many of the supplies needed for a cleanup.
- Complete your cleanup.
- Contact the Litter Control Committee Coordinator to report the total numbers of bags collected and road miles cleaned. The Coordinator will arrange bag pick up.
Challenger Trash Pick Up Kit Contents
The Challenger Trash Pick Up Kits were the idea of a Destination Imagination Team (the Challengers) from Orange Elementary School in March 2019.
They are available for check-out by volunteer groups. Contents include:
- Challenger Pick Up Kit Duffel Bag
- Tips and Cleanup Journal Binder
- Extended Reach Grabbers
- Safety Vests - Adult
- Safety Vests - Youth
- Nitrile Gloves - Medium & Large
- Orange Litter Bags
Quantity of items may vary based on the size of your group, length of the road section, and available supplies.