Marriage licenses are issued by the Clerk of the Circuit Court between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary. If you have additional questions, please contact our office at (540) 672-6162.
- BOTH PARTIES MUST APPEAR IN PERSON.
- Proof of Identification (valid driver's license, identification card issued by the DMV, passport, Military ID or other government issued photo ID).
- If you have a Social Security Number, it must be included on the license pursuant to State Law. This information is not maintained on any public record.
- There is no residency requirement.
- A marriage license obtained in any Circuit Court in any county in Virginia is valid for a ceremony performed anywhere in the state. You do not need to obtain a marriage license in the county where your ceremony will be performed.
- The license is valid for only 60 days and may be used immediately upon issuance.
- The ceremony must be performed in Virginia and by a person authorized by a Virginia Circuit Court.
- The fee for the license is $30.00 and must be paid by cash, check, money order or credit card.
Marriage Commissioners for Orange County
Jamie Lamb (540) 229-0139
Kathleen Ayers (540) 395-6488
Danielle Krumholz (540) 407-1230