About the Youth Council
The Orange County Youth Council is comprised of youth in grades 8 through 11. They are appointed to represent the youth population and to advise the Orange County Youth Commission and the Office on Youth of the needs of youth in Orange County. In addition, the Youth Council chooses different projects each year to support the Orange community.
View the Youth Council Bylaws.
Youth Council Requirements
- Applicants must be a resident of Orange County or attend Orange County Public Schools.
- Applicants can be in grades 8-11 with at least a 2.25 GPA. (Members of the Council who are transitioning from 11th to 12th grade may return as long as all membership requirements are met during their 11th grade year.)
- Membership terms shall be for one (1) year in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Each member of the Orange County Youth Council must conduct himself or herself in a positive, friendly, and law-abiding manner at all times.
- Applicants must be willing to attend at least one meeting a month. Any member that misses three or more consecutive regularly scheduled meetings or events will be subject to dismissal from the Council.
- All applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, or disability.
To apply as a member of the Youth Council, please fill out the Youth Council Application (link below) and submit it to the Office on Youth. **The most recent application will generally be available on this page and in the guidance office of both middle schools and the high school the first day of school each year. Please check back as the school year approaches to see when applications are due.** *2020-2021 school year applications will be available in August 2020.
For More Information
For more information on the Youth Council, please contact Alisha Vines, Office on Youth Director, at (540) 672-5484 or email@example.com.
Members of the Youth Council participating in the 2019 Legislative Day and meeting with
Senator Reeves and Delegate Freitas during the General Assembly Session.