Orange County, VA – The Orange County Landfill and Orange County Litter Control Committee will host a free tire recycling event to help alleviate the problem of tire accumulation and improper disposal. Unlike prior years, the event will be voucher-based, self-serve, and will take place from August 21, 2021, through October 2, 2021. The event is an opportunity for Orange County citizens to responsibly discard unwanted tires without paying the usual tipping fee of $2.50 per tire.
To dispose of tires at this event, attendees will be required to obtain a Tire Amnesty Disposal Voucher. Vouchers are free and will be available on a first come-first served basis at a distribution event at 146 North Madison Road, Orange, VA 22960, on Saturday, August 14, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. One hundred and fifty (150) vouchers will be available for distribution, while supplies last. The event:
- Is open to Orange County residents and property owners, not businesses. Attendees must present a driver’s license and/or property card to verify residency.
- Each voucher will allow for the disposal of up to four (4) tires.
- Each household is limited to two (2) vouchers (maximum of eight (8) tires).
- All participants must sign an agreement outlining tire criteria and event conditions.
- The individual picking up the voucher MUST be the same person to drop off tires.
- Vouchers are non-replaceable and non-transferable.
- Vouchers must be presented to Landfill staff upon arrival.
- Accepted items include personal vehicle tires of the sizes commonly used for passenger cars or pickup trucks. Commercial or agricultural tires are prohibited.
If any vouchers remain after the initial distribution date, they will be available at the Orange County Parks & Recreation office through close of business on August 20, 2021.
Vouchers are eligible for use August 21, 2021, through October 2, 2021, at the Orange County Landfill, located at 11350 Porter Road, Orange, Virginia. The voucher is fully redeemed when you arrive with tires during the applicable dates, regardless of whether you bring the maximum amount allowed. Vouchers will not be accepted after October 2, 2021. Tires must be dropped off during the regular operating hours of the Orange County Landfill. For information regarding Landfill operating hours visit http://orangecountyva.gov/724/Landfill-Solid-Waste.
For more information, please call the Orange County Litter Control Committee Coordinator at (540) 661-5323. Interested residents may also visit: www.orangecountyva.gov/littercontrol.