Absentee Voting allows qualified registered voters a means to vote in the upcoming elections even though they may not be able to go to the polls on election day.
There are several ways to vote Absentee:
- By Mail: Fill out the Absentee Ballot Application and submit to have the ballot mailed to you.
- In-Person: At the Voter Registration office located at 146 Madison Road, Suite 204, Orange, VA 22960
- Using the Citizen Portal online via the Virginia Department of Elections
Reasons You Can Request an Absentee Ballot:
You may vote absentee, either by mail or in person, if you are unable to go to the polls on Election Day because you ...
- Are a student or the spouse of a student attending a school outside Orange County
- Will be away from Orange County on business
- Will be working and commuting for 11 or more hours between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Will be away from Orange County on personal business or vacation
- Are unable to go to the polls because of illness or disability
- Are the primary caretaker of a confined family member
- Have a religious obligation
- Are confined awaiting trial
- Are confined having been convicted of a misdemeanor
- Are an election official
- Are on active duty in the military outside Orange County
- Are the spouse or dependent residing with a member of the military outside Orange County
- Are an overseas citizen whose most recent United States residence was in Orange County
Absentee Ballot Applications are available at:
Voter Registration Office
146 Madison Road, Suite 204
Orange, VA 22960
Absentee Ballot Applications:
Virginia Absentee Ballot Application (for permanent residents of Virginia who will be away from their City or County on Election Day or unable to go to the polls because of illness or disability) Federal Post Card Application (for residents of Virginia who are in the Military or Overseas)